Green Rice Casserole
From Cook's Country
To rescue this potluck standby from canned soup–induced mediocrity, we started by infusing chicken broth with a flavorful base of onions, garlic, and fresh herbs. We chopped frozen, thawed spinach in the food processor and smoothed it out with cream cheese and then layered it in the casserole dish with rice (raw, to prevent mushy grains) and sharp cheddar cheese before pouring our infused broth over the top. Baking the casserole covered to start allows the rice to steam gently, and stirring it halfway through ensures even cooking. Finally, a crispy, Parmesan-infused layer of bread crumbs finishes it off.
Serves 8 to 10 as a side dish
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists