Green Beans with Apples, Pecans, and Rosemary
From Cook's Country
Tender, lightly browned, sautéed green beans can be difficult to produce. Either the beans are army green and limp or they have the crisp, bright look and texture of crudités. We took a three-step approach: first, we browned the beans in a mixture of butter and shallots to season them and encourage coloring; next, we steamed them in a small amount of water, covered, to ensure they were tender; and, finally, we removed the cover to allow any excess moisture to evaporate.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists