Greek Bread Salad
From Cook's Country
To add a spicy pop to our Greek Bread Salad (Panzanella), we replaced some of the vinegar with brine from jarred pepperoncini and a spoonful of mustard. To flavor the pita and head off a soggy situation, we tossed the torn pieces with olive oil, garlic, and oregano and toasted them in the oven. We soon discovered that the salad became more flavorful as it sat. Tasters preferred a 30-minute marinade before serving; any longer and the vegetables became mushy.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists