Grated Bread and Chocolate Cake
From Cook's Country
This recipe submission to our America's Lost Recipe contest was developed with frugality in mind. Stale bread crumbs and leftover wine are transformed into an impressive frosted chocolate cake.
Serves 10 to 12
We used store-bought bread crumbs for convenience. Look for almond flour in the natural foods section of your market. This cake can overbake quickly, so check often once it begins to color.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists