From Cook's Country
For the mint-flavored crust in our Grasshopper Pie recipe, we crushed minty Oreo cookies. The food processor made quick work of this task, but smashing them with a rolling pin worked just as well. Two liqueurs lent an intensely minty flavor to our Grasshopper Pie filling, which we thickened with gelatin. The perfect texture of our Grasshopper Pie relies on how much the cream is beaten: To avoid a grainy texture, we started beating the cream slowly, and then increased the mixer’s speed once the cream in beginning to build in volume.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists