Grandma's Roast Beef with Gravy
From Cook's Country
Salting the meat for our Grandma's Roast Beef with Gravy recipe and letting it sit overnight helped season the meat and developed more flavor. To get a good crust and tender meat without overcooking, we first seared the roast on the stovetop and then finished it in a low oven. Setting the roast on top of the vegetables eliminated the need for a V-rack and enhanced the flavor of our gravy.
Serves 6 to 8
For even deeper seasoning, refrigerate the salt-rubbed roast for 24 hours. You can substitute top sirloin for the top round. Look for an evenly shaped roast with a 1/4-inch fat cap. Tie kitchen twine in 1-inch intervals around the circumference of the meat.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists