Grandma Wooly's Beef Barbecue
From Cook's Country
Don’t let the simplicity of the ingredients fool you; the deep flavors of the finished Grandma Wooly’s Beef Barbecue are complex and varied.
We tied the pickling spice in cheesecloth to make a spice bag. This let the flavors from the spice permeate the meat and sauce without having to incorporate the spice directly into the mixture. Dry mustard and cider vinegar gave this sandwich some extra tang and set it apart from similar recipes.
Braising the meat for several hours transformed the generally tough beef chuck into tender, juicy shredded beef.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists