From Cook's Country
For our version of Gingerbread-Pear Trifle, we found firm pears were best; soft pears were watery and mushy in this recipe. Simmering the wine with sugar, black peppercorns, and a cinnamon stick lent further complexity to the wine’s flavor.
Yields one 3-quart trifle
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists