From Cook's Country
For a simple vinaigrette, we wanted to skip the step of slowly whisking in oil to make an emulsification. A lidded jar lets us shake all the ingredients until blended, and mayonnaise and honey provide emulsifying power to keep the dressing smooth. Soaking shallots in an acidic ingredient for a few minutes tames their oniony bite. A few fresh add-ins, along with good old salt and pepper, and this vinaigrette is easy, tasty, and versatile.
Makes ¼ cup; enough for 8 to 10 cups greens
The vinaigrette will keep for three days in the refrigerator. Shake well before using.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists