From Cook's Country
Salting extracts excess liquid from savory ingredients, and we discovered we could apply the same principle to our Fruit Cocktail with sugar. We tossed the fruit with brown sugar and allowed it to rest. The natural juices that amassed after resting were perfect for creating a sweet syrup to drizzle on top. Fresh fruit, including fresh (not canned) cherries, were a must to produce a Fruit Cocktail that didn’t taste like it came from a can.
Serves 4 to 6
Add the cherries last or they'll discolor the salad.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists