French Onion Dip
From Cook's Country
Stirring a packet of onion soup mix into sour cream has long been the go-to method for this popular party dip; we were determined to do better. By dicing onions instead of slicing them (more surface area) and starting them over medium heat, we create deep color and caramelized flavor in only 30 minutes. A base of sour cream and mayonnaise provides balanced flavor and creaminess, and a pinch of cayenne adds heat, while balsamic vinegar lends sweetness and mellow tang.
Serves 4 to 6
You can make this dip up to 24 hours in advance.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists