From Cook's Country
Pork chops and applesauce are a classic combo, but sometimes we grow tired of the simple flavor of plain applesauce. Our Five-Spice Applesauce recipe is a jazzed-up version of prepared applesauce made with five-spice powder. The powder added a complex, warm flavor to the sauce, which paired perfectly with pork chops.
Makes 3 cups
Look for five-spice powder in the spice aisle of the supermarket. This Chinese blend usually contains cinnamon, cloves, fennel seed, star anise, and Sichuan peppercorns.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists