Fit as a Fennel Tomato Salad
From Cook's Country
When developing our Fit as a Fennel Tomato Salad recipe, we discovered a few rules to follow when pairing tomatoes with different dressings and ingredients. Acidic tomatoes nicely complement rich ingredients like bacon or avocado, while sweet tomatoes tone down the sharpness of onions or peppery greens. Yellow and orange tomatoes are typically the sweetest tomatoes. Green tomatoes—not to be confused with unripe tomatoes—are usually the most acidic. To hasten ripening, store tomatoes in a sealed paper bag. Never refrigerate a tomato; the cold destroys valuable flavor components.
Remove any dried-out portions of the fennel bulb before slicing it.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists