Fisherman's Friend Party Mix
From Cook's Country
Crunchy, salty, and borderline addictive, homemade party snack mix is guaranteed to disappear quickly at any gathering. But after making a back-of-the-box party mix recipe, we felt there was room for improvement. For our improved Fisherman’s Friend Party Mix recipe, tasters preferred the nutty sweetness of melted butter to margarine and olive oil, both of which left a greasy finish. The flavor of Worcestershire sauce was too domineering in our recipe. Hot sauce was more successful. Old Bay seasoning held its flavor through baking (unlike more subtle spices like paprika and onion powder, whose flavor faded).
Makes about 10 cups
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists