Fireside Mulled Cider
From Cook's Country
We wanted a Fireside Mulled Cider recipe that didn’t taste dusty and muddy. For the perfect blend of spices (and a method for infusing the cider that wouldn’t take hours) we turned to whole spices, which we toasted briefly in a skillet to intensify their flavors. We liked cinnamon, coriander, black peppercorns, and cloves. Sweetening the cider with a little brown sugar gave it caramel tones. Finally, we were careful not to simmer the cider too long so it could maintain its fresh flavor.
Makes about 2 quarts
Use a meat mallet or heavy saucepan to break the cinnamon stick into several pieces.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists