Filet Mignon with Peppercorn Cream
From Cook's Country
A traditional skillet, not nonstick, produced a superior sear. It was also important to use a pan large enough to accommodate the steaks without them touching. In the past, we have found that four steaks can usually fit into a 12-inch skillet.
Preparing the sauce for our recipe for Filet Mignon with Peppercorn Cream in the same pan in which we cooked the mushrooms and steaks built layers of flavor. The browned bits left behind added valuable flavor to the sauce.
To ensure even cooking, choose center-cut tenderloin steaks of a consistent size and shape and avoid pieces from the tapered end of the tenderloin.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists