From Cook's Country
Raw fennel is underappreciated here in the United States, and we wanted a simple, bright preparation with contrasting flavors and textures. We quickly learned that, much like meat, fennel needs to be sliced against the grain to prevent tough, fibrous strands. Along with the fennel, sliced red onion, golden raisins, and capers soften for 30 minutes in a simple vinaigrette livened up with honey, lemon, and Dijon. Right before serving, we toss in whole parsley leaves and crunchy sliced almonds.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists