English Muffin Bread
From Cook's Country
We’ve taken our favorite English muffin recipe and translated it into a simple bread recipe that toasts and tastes like English muffins but with half the work. We prefer bread flour in this recipe for its stronger gluten proteins, which give this loaf a chewy yet light consistency. Bread flour also has the ability to absorb more water than AP flour, an important aspect since this is a fairly wet and sticky batter/dough. The resulting crumb has a solid structure and consistent holes.
Makes 2 loaves
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists