Egg Noodles with Caraway and Brown Butter
From Cook's Country
Instead of just dumping the caraway seeds onto cooked noodles for our recipe for Egg Noodles with Caraway and Brown Butter, we lightly chopped the seeds and toasted them with butter in the skillet. Browning some of the butter before stirring it in with the noodles contributed a nice nutty flavor, while adding the rest of the butter cold kept the noodles creamy.
Give the caraway seeds a gentle chop with a chef’s knife; it brings out their flavor and helps disperse them throughout the dish. The test kitchen’s favorite egg noodles are Light‘n Fluffy Wide Egg Noodles. Do not use dried dill or chives in this recipe; their dusty flavor spoils the noodles.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists