Easy Vanilla Buttercream
From Cook's Country
Traditional European buttercream frosting involves heating eggs and sugar over a pan of simmering water, and whipping in butter while carefully monitoring for the correct temperature. Our Easy Vanilla Buttercream recipe is equally delicious, and much less fussy. It is also the canvas for almost any variation imaginable.
Makes 3 cups
The buttercream frosting can be made ahead and refrigerated; if refrigerated, however, it must stand at room temperature to soften before use. If using a hand-held mixer, increase mixing times significantly (at least 50 percent). This recipe can be doubled to make enough for a two-layer cake.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists