Easy Tortilla Casserole
From Cook's Country
When developing this Easy Tortilla Casserole recipe, we wanted to simplify the classic recipe, turning the dish into a quick, weeknight meal. Pureeing raw tomato, onion, garlic, and smoky chipotles in the blender yields a quick and traditional sauce. Simmering the sauce helps blend its flavors. Using leftover or rotisserie chicken for the filling saves time and effort without sacrificing flavor. Cooking the tortilla casserole in a hot oven melts the cheese quickly and prevents the casserole from drying out.
You can find crisp tostada shells alongside other Mexican ingredients at many supermarkets. Sturdy corn tortillas chips make a fine alternative.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists