Easy Sunday Gravy
From Cook's Country
Using tender leftover chuck for our Easy Sunday Gravy was a good start, but to approximate Sunday gravy, we needed meatier flavor. We found the answer in the form of hot Italian sausages. Without the benefit of a long cooking time to build a slow, deep backbone of flavor, we turned to potent ingredients like garlic, red wine, tomato paste, and a generous amount of oregano to flavor our Easy Sunday Gravy. Sautéing the onions in the fat rendered from the sausage and preparing the sauce in that same pan helped build additional flavor.
Serves 4 to 6
This recipe will dress 1 pound of pasta; we prefer tubular shapes here.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists