Easy Hot Pepper Jelly
From Cook's Country
Most jelly recipes are finicky and time sensitive in an effort to achieve the proper set texture. This recipe takes a shortcut. We use 1 pound of red jalapeño chiles (no bell peppers here), and process them in a food processor with shredded apple, which contains natural pectin to help the jelly set. Then we cook the mixture with store-bought apple jelly for just under 20 minutes until thick. This gave us great hot pepper flavor and a proper jelly texture, with a lot less fuss.
Makes 1 quart
Use gloves when you handle the peppers. For hotter jelly, add 1 tablespoon of the pepper seeds to the pot in step 2.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists