Easy Homemade Mustard
From Cook's Country
Recipes for homemade mustard often require days of presoaking. And even then the finished product can come across harsh, overly spicy, and acrid. To tame its heat, we increased the water to dry mustard ratio to 4:1. We then balanced the flavor with vinegar, sugar, and salt. Finally, to get the right consistency, we microwaved the mixture with a touch of cornstarch to thicken it.
Makes about 1/2 cup mustard
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists