From Cook's Country
Pastry cream is the key ingredient in many desserts, so we developed a foolproof recipe for Easy Custard. For the richest texture, we used only the yolk of the eggs in the custard. Cornstarch helped prevent the eggs from curdling, while butter gave the custard a silky texture. To maximize its impact, we added vanilla extract to the custard only after the sauce came off the heat. To prevent the custard from developing a skin as it cooled, we pressed plastic wrap directly onto its surface.
Makes 3 1/2 cups
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists