Easy Clam Chowder
From Cook's Country
If you’ve ever scrubbed, steamed, and shucked clams you know that it’s no quick process. And after all that work, the amount of actual clam meat is meager. For a chowder chock-full of clams, we’d have to rethink the process. We made a quick clam stock for cooking the potatoes, using a combination of bottled clam juice and water. Instead of adding the usual heaps of cream for body, we kept the clam flavor clear and briny by going light on the cream and tightening up the chowder with crushed saltines and a small amount of mashed potatoes.
If you buy frozen clams, thaw them before using. You can substitute 9 Cook’s Country Common Crackers for the saltines.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists