Easy Birthday Cupcakes
From Cook's Country
Our Easy Birthday Cupcakes recipe requires no special equipment and a minimum of effort—two bowls and a whisk are all it takes. We combined the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet in another, and then whisked them together until just combined. Delicate cake flour kept the cupcakes’ texture tender. Buttermilk added a rich, tangy flavor to the cakes, and its acidity helped activate the baking soda and baking powder that leavened the cakes.
Makes 24 cupcakes
Store unfrosted cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. Cupcakes are best served the day they are frosted. This recipe can easily be cut in half to yield 12 cupcakes.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists