Easy Baked Risotto
From Cook's Country
Recipes for baked risotto that took all of the ingredients, threw them into a baking dish, and placed them in the oven always resulted in either undercooked rice or mush. At the end of the day, we found we couldn’t skip softening the onions, sautéing the rice and garlic, or reducing the wine on the stovetop. Instead of using a shallow baking dish, we found a better approach: pressing aluminum foil onto the rice inside a Dutch oven, which trapped moisture and yielded a superior consistency. We finished our Easy Baked Risotto with chopped parsley and a generous amount of Parmesan cheese.
Serves 6 to 8
Be sure to use low-sodium chicken broth or the risotto will be too salty.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists