Down 'n' Dirty Rice
From Cook's Country
When developing our recipe for Down ’n’ Dirty Rice, we wanted to streamline this classic Cajun dish and make it a little less “dirty" by losing the chicken innards. We used ground pork to replace the giblets and hearts, but kept the chicken livers for an irreplaceable flavor. For our rice, we preferred the sweeter flavor of red pepper. Cooking the meat and vegetables separately from the rice and blending them once the rice was cooked through ensured the rice cooked evenly and kept the Down ‘n’ Dirty rice from tasting muddy.
Serves 4 to 6
Pass hot pepper sauce at the table for a real taste of Louisiana.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists