Double-Crust Pie Dough
From Cook's Country
For our Double-Crust Pie Dough recipe, we wanted the best of two worlds: The rich flavor of a butter crust and the flakiness of a shortening crust. Combining the two fats gave our pie dough optimum flavor and texture. To quickly cut the fats into the flour, we turned to our food processor, but preferred to add the water by hand. In this recipe, we err on the side of too much water. Pie dough that is too dry will crack and crumble.
Makes enough for one 9-inch pie
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists