Dark Chocolate Frosting
From Cook's Country
Most cake frostings aren’t thick enough and, consequently, slide off the top of the cupcake and make a mess. When we set out to create a Dark Chocolate Frosting recipe, we wanted to develop a thick, intensely flavored dark chocolate frosting that would stay put. We began with lots of semisweet chocolate and butter. And for easy preparation, we turned to the food processor. Combining hot cream with the white chocolate, salt, and corn syrup—with the machine running—helped melt the chocolate smooth in seconds.
Makes 3 cups, enough to frost 24 cupcakes
Semisweet chips also work well in this recipe.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists