From Cook's Country
Daffodil Cake has the same light and fluffy texture as angel food cake, but with added crisp orange flavor. Concentrated frozen orange juice provided some orange flavor, but we added potent orange extract to really amp up the citrus flavor. To prevent the batter from spilling down the hole of the tube pan, we used a paper cup to cover the hole.
Like the flower it's named for, this orange-kissed angel food cake is scented and sweet, with golden yellow and pale orange hues.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists