Curried Turkey-Peanut Soup
From Cook's Country
This sweet and savory African-inspired recipe combines leftover turkey with sweet potatoes, curry powder, and peanut butter. Toasting the curry powder and cumin intensified their color and flavor. Cooking the rice in the soup saved on dishes and also helped build layers of flavor in our Curried Turkey-Peanut Soup. Adding the leftover turkey at the very end of cooking ensured that it stayed tender.
For an extra spicy soup, add 1 or 2 stemmed, seeded, and minced jalapeno or serrano chiles to the pot along with the garlic in step 1. Cooking the curry powder and cumin in the hot oil greatly intensifies their flavor.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists