Curried Rice Salad
From Cook's Country
Our Curried Rice Salad began with an unconventional cooking method—we treated the rice like pasta and boiled it in a large pot of salted water to wash away excess starch. Spreading the drained rice out on a baking sheet also promoted less clumping and quick cooling.
To add depth to our Curried Rice Salad, we sautéed onion and jalapeño, then added curry powder—blooming the curry powder in oil unlocked its flavor—along with some ginger and garlic. Fresh lime juice delivered fruity, tart notes, while raisins plumped in the lime juice with some sugar added chewy sweetness.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists