From Cook's Country
When developing a Curried Peas recipe, we wanted to find a method for cooking and flavoring the peas at the same time. We found that simply simmering the peas in a flavorful sauce allowed them to quickly absorb the sauce’s flavor. To intensify the sweet flavor of the peas, we added light brown sugar, while plain yogurt helped balance the spicy curry powder.
Serves 4 to 6
If you don’t have regular yogurt or sour cream on hand, whole milk or low-fat yogurt will also work in this recipe.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists