Curried Pear Chutney
From Cook's Country
Chutney is all about a spectrum of flavors—sweet, savory, spicy, and bitter. The only problem is that it usually involves at least an hour of simmering to develop that characteristic complexity. We sped up the process by turning to the microwave. By microwaving in stages, we got layers of flavor—first the aromatics and spices and then the fruit and juice. Vinegar and sugar finished off our chutney, rounding out the flavors and providing balance.
Makes about 2 cups
Don’t worry if the mixture seems loose after cooking. It will thicken as it cools.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists