From Cook's Country
It was important to salt the shredded cabbage for our Curried Coleslaw to remove excess water before dressing it. Allowing the salted cabbage to sit for at least one hour drained off most of the liquid.
For the dressing, cutting the mayonnaise with a bit of sour cream improved the texture of the dressing and added richness and a pleasant tang. A bit of curry powder and cumin added depth, while slivered almonds provide crunch. Toast the almonds in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned for the best flavor.
Serves 8 to 10
After step 1, the salted, rinsed, and dried cabbage mixture can be refrigerated in a zipper-lock bag for 24 hours.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists