From Cook's Country
We had trouble finding traditional Cuban-style bread to use in our Cuban Sandwiches recipe, but potato sandwich rolls attained a similarly crusty exterior and chewy exterior when grilled—and were much easier to find. Instead of an expensive sandwich press, we used a preheated Dutch oven to weight our Cuban sandwiches as they cooked, which lent them the crispest texture.
To ensure very thin slices of pork, slice the leftover roast straight from the refrigerator. Arnold or Freihofer's potato rolls are our first choices for this recipe, but Kaiser rolls can be used as a substitute.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists