Creamy Rice Casserole
A creamy, cheese-flavored rice casserole recipe is the perfect side dish to serve to a hungry crowd. It matches any number of main courses and is guaranteed to please, as long as it is executed properly. For the creamiest texture, we cooked the rice in a blend of milk, chicken broth, and water on the stovetop, and thickened the mixture with roux (flour cooked in butter). Then we mixed it with the cheddar cheese, for a tangy, rich flavor, topped the creamy rice casserole with breadcrumbs for a crisp contrast to the tender rice, and baked it.
Serves 8 to 10
Serve this hearty casserole with plenty of Tabasco.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists