Creamy Peas with Bacon and Goat Cheese
From Cook's Country
In our Creamy Peas with Bacon and Goat Cheese recipe, bacon and scallions add a sweetness that balances the tartness of the goat cheese. As with many creamy pea recipes, this one uses frozen peas. Not only are they more convenient than fresh, but they also tend to taste better. We found we could substitute cream cheese for half of the goat cheese.
Serves 8 to 10
Because the cream is reduced to a thick consistency before the peas are added to the pan, the peas should be cooked with the cover on to limit further reduction.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists