Creamy Mashed Potatoes
From Cook's Country
Despite using only four basic ingredients, many mashed potato recipes come out clumpy and separated. After a few disasters, we discovered the best way to create the perfect—and creamiest—mashed potato side dish. We chose russet potatoes for a light and fluffy mash, but Yukon Gold potatoes are also acceptable if you’re after a creamier, more substantial mashed potatoes recipe. Rinsing the potatoes after cooking and before mashing washed away excess starch, resulting in extra creamy potatoes. And to ensure the mashed potatoes arrived at the table hot, we melted the butter and heated the cream before adding them to our potatoes.
Serves 8 to 10
This recipe can be cut in half, if desired.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists