Creamy French Dressing
From Cook's Country
Equal parts ketchup and vegetable oil, spiked with white vinegar, formed the base of our Creamy French Dressing. We added grated onion to the vinaigrette for a sharp bite without the crunchy bits of onion that would mar its otherwise smooth texture. The unusual touch of Tabasco sauce balanced the sweetness with a gentle heat. A little mayonnaise created this creamy version of the classic French dressing.
Makes 1 1/4 cups
Mayonnaise tones down the kick of the vinegar and makes this creamy orange dressing more kid-friendly.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists