Creamy Cucumber Salad
From Cook's Country
All too often, cucumber salads suffer from limp, flimsy slices of cucumber swimming in a diluted dressing. Laying the sliced cucumbers out on a paper towel lined–baking sheet dries them out enough while keeping them crisp. Marinating the onions in vinegar before we add them to the salad tames their raw bite, and starting with a thick, flavorful dressing results in a creamy—not watery—cucumber salad.
Serves 4 to 6
Allow the cucumber to sit for the full 20 minutes before folding them into the dressing.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists