Creamy Cheese Grits
From Cook's Country
Grits are a southern staple made with little more than water, salt, and sometimes butter. For our purposes, we began by building flavor with sautéed scallion whites. After slow-cooking our grits for 15 minutes in a combination of water and milk for richness, we stirred in the cheese: a mixture of Monterey Jack for creaminess and sharp cheddar for tang. Finally, to boost the corn flavor of our grits, we finished them with pureed corn.
Serves 4 to 6
The grits are ready when they are mostly creamy but still retain a little bite. If the grits get too thick, whisk in a little water. If you are using frozen corn, thaw it first.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists