Creamy Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
From Cook's Country
Broccoli and cheese soup is classic comfort food, but many recipes yield gloppy, glorified cheese sauce or a mess of bland, gray vegetables. We wanted a Creamy Broccoli and Cheddar Soup recipe that tasted like fresh, bright green broccoli. Cooking the fibrous broccoli stems until they were soft, then adding cream and broccoli florets, ensured our recipe had the most broccoli flavor. The florets didn’t overcook and retained their bright color and fresh flavor. Adding the cheddar cheese at the end of cooking kept it from clumping and separating.
Taste the soup before adding any salt; both the cheese and the chicken broth can be quite salty.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists