Creamy Beet Spread with Endive Leaves
From Cook's Country
This Creamy Beet Spread with Endive Leaves recipe takes the flavors of a classic bistro salad and re-imagines it in appetizer form. We prefer to buy a chunk of blue cheese and crumble it fresh for the salad; precrumbled blue cheese can be dry and bland. Toasting the walnuts in a skillet intensifies both their flavor and color.
Makes about 3 cups
Make-Ahead Note: This creamy spread gets better as it sits and can be made up to 1 day in advance. To prevent discoloration, cut the endive as close as possible to serving time.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists