Cream Cheese Pound Cake
From Cook's Country
In this cake, cream cheese adds richness and tangy flavor to classic, buttery pound cake. We let the pure flavors of eggs and butter take center stage, adding only a few teaspoons of vanilla and a moderate amount of sugar. For a velvety texture, extra yolks and lower-protein cake flour were key. And to achieve a tight, fine crumb, we left the leavener out all together. Finally, a low oven may take a little longer, but it produces a golden-brown crust and a moist, tender interior.
Serves 12 to 14
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists