Crab Cakes with Imperial Sauce
From Cook's Country
When it comes to crab cake recipes, we think the simpler, the better. While some crab cake recipes use bread crumbs to bind the cakes together, we found that saltines worked better. They add more flavor than bread crumbs and don’t turn soggy or pasty the way bread crumbs can.
If you can find it, buy fresh lump crabmeat for the crab cakes—it's more expensive but worth every penny. You'll need 1 sleeve of saltines here; crush them until most have turned to dust, leaving a few pieces no bigger than a pebble.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists