From Cook's Country
We used a food processor to cut the chilled butter quickly into the dry ingredients for our Cornmeal Biscuits. To transform the hard and gritty cornmeal, we softened it by soaking it in buttermilk. Kneading the dough briefly ensured evenly textured biscuits that rose high instead of spreading.
Makes 12 biscuits
If you don’t have buttermilk, whisk 1 tablespoon lemon juice into 1¼ cups of milk and let it stand until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Avoid coarsely ground cornmeal, which makes gritty biscuits.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists