Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing
From Cook's Country
We designed our Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing recipe to be rich and flavorful enough to stand on its own, even without gravy. Cornbread gives the stuffing more flavor than plain white bread. Staling the bread slightly prevents a soggy stuffing. Spicy, juicy andouille sausage enriches the bread and replaces the missing turkey fat; while chicken broth compensates for the poultry flavor lost when cooking the Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing outside the bird.
Serves 10 to 12
Spicy andouille sausage from Louisiana is the test kitchen’s favorite in this recipe, but chorizo or kielbasa work well, too. For the cornbread, try our recipe at www.cookscountry.com or use your own.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists